Packington Neighbourhood Watch Christmas Message:
Criminals like presents at Christmas, too.
They window-shop, but often through YOUR HOME WINDOWS.
DON’T MAKE IT EASY FOR THEM!
- keep presents out of view from your windows
- recycle gift packaging with care – boxes by your bins advertise you have expensive items
- leave a light on and draw the curtains if you are out after 4pm, every day
- mark your valuables with a UV pen or property marking service
- if you go away, make your home look occupied. Ask a trusted neighbour to help.
- help YOUR neighbours. Report anything suspicious to the Police on 999 (Emergency) or 101 (Non-emergency) or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
Thieves also window-shop through YOUR CAR WINDOWS.
- Don’t leave valuables in cars.
- If you must, lock them in the boot. Do so before you arrive, so nobody there sees you.
- Leave NOTHING on show in the car, not even a coat or an empty bag.
- When you shop, beware of leaving stuff on view while you then buy more.
Please – join our Packington Neighbourhood Watch (NW) group. We still need street contacts for Babelake street, Homecroft Drive and Nethercroft Drive. We don’t need a major commitment – it’s just about helping keep your near neighbours aware of any incidents or issues. NW Street co-ordinators meet generally every 2 to 3 months, and on the plus side we meet in the pub!
Open season for burglars? Make sure it’s not so in YOUR life this year. Pass-on this advice to your neighbours and friends.
Stephen Flook, Packington NW Co-Ordinator, Tel 01530 415185