Packington Parish Council
Has a vacancy for Parish Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer
9 hours per week (days/times flexible when required)
Salary : NJC Salary Point 11 - £21,166 (from April 2019) pro rata
Actual Pay - £5,148 p.a equivalent to £11 per hour (from April 2019)
We are a friendly enthusiastic Council, keen to make a positive difference to our Parish. We have lots of ideas and are looking for a Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer to support in the efficient running of the Parish Council.
We are looking for someone who is friendly, enthusiastic, well-organised and calm, and who:
- has excellent people skills, including the ability to work with Councillors, members of the public and third party organisations
- is proficient with the use of email, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- is an accurate record keeper, well-organised and able to meet deadlines
- will, with appropriate training, be able to deal with the day to day management of the Parish Council, including updating the website at https://www.packingtonpc.org.uk/
- can identify funding opportunities and help prepare bids for grants funding
- with training and support, ensure the smooth running of the Parish Council, and suggest new ideas or working practices
- will undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time, and which may involve additional evening or daytime meetings
The job is carried out from home and the successful candidate may be expected to start working towards obtaining CiLCA (Certificate in Local Council Administration) if it is felt to be necessary in the future and once they have completed the initial 6 month training period.
Please contact Karen Edwards, via phone or email (see below) if you would like to know more about Packington Parish Council, the job, or would like an application pack.
The closing date for return of applications is Friday 1st March 2019. Interviews to be held in the evening of Tuesday 12th March 2019.
Please send applications to:
Karen Edwards, Clerk to Packington Parish Council,
23 Brittany Avenue, Ashby de la Zouch, LE65 2QY
Tel: 07936 359949 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org