Please would you stand for election to our Packington Parish Council?
PLEASE? By This Friday 22nd June at 4 pm?
OR, please would you nominate a friend or neighbour?
You have until this Friday, 22nd June 2018, at 4pm, to deliver your nomination and consent forms to District Council at Coalville – and there’s FREE parking outside the District Council Offices there, to help you. That’s THIS COMING FRIDAY. Yes, by 4 pm.
Packington Post has already published the forms pack for you – at http://packington.info/bloggle/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/02a-Nomination-Pack-Parish.pdf
All the other information you need is here, on this prior Packington Post page. It tells you what you need to be, to stand. It also tells you what you mustn’t be, to stand. Other really gripping stuff is there, too. Meanwhile, the official Notice of Election is copied at the bottom of this page, and a photo of it is at right.
Please – print off those forms, NOW.
If you stand, get two neighbours to propose you and second you, and sign that you consent. If you nominate someone else, they just need to consent to being nominated and you can get a third person to second them. At Coalville, the people in the legal services department at District Council are just SO HELPFUL – if you have any doubts about form-filling, they’ll advise you. They’re happy to look up your electoral number for you. They’ll talk over any queries you have – phone them in advance, on 01530 454503, ask for “Democratic Services”. Then, just DELIVER THOSE FORMS to them, BY FRIDAY. Yes, by 4pm on Friday. Yes, THIS FRIDAY. Yes, FREE PARKING for 30 minutes outside.
Please Stand. Help us have a strong, balanced Parish Council.
NOTICE OF ELECTION
PARISH OF PACKINGTON
ELECTION OF PARISH COUNCILLOR
To fill a Vacancy in the Parish of Packington
1. An election is to be held of ONE Parish Councillor for the said Parish.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Council Offices, Whitwick Road, Coalville on any day from 14 June 2018 Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays) but no later than 4pm on Friday 22 June 2018.
3. Forms of Nomination Paper may be obtained from the Offices of the Returning Officer, Council Offices, Whitwick Road, Coalville during the times stated above.
4. If the Election is contested, the Poll will take place on Thursday 19 July 2018.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Whitwick Road, Coalville by 5pm on Wednesday, 4 July 2018.
5. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Whitwick Road, Coalville by 5pm on Wednesday, 11 July 2018.
6. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election, applied for on grounds of either physical incapacity or absence in relation to occupation, employment or service occurring after 5pm on Wednesday, 11 July 2018, must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Whitwick Road, Coalville by 5pm on Thursday 19 July 2018.
Dated 14th day of June 2018 B Smith
Printed and Published by the Returning Officer, Council Offices, Coalville